We do respect your privacy!
Who Uses Our Services
We make our Services available to different types of users. As discussed further below, the information that the Services collect from and share about a user may depend on the user type. An individual may be one or more of these types of users depending on the nature of the individual’s interactions with our Services.
- Member: An individual who uses the Services.
- Author: An individual who drafts articles, posts content or creates other content displayed on the Website.
- Coach: An individual who offers career advice through the Website as a career counselor or job coach.
- Employer: An entity that has a company profile on the Website or otherwise has services provided to it by Crom Internship.
Information We Collect
You can visit the Website and use some of the Services without providing any information, including Personal Information. However, if you choose not to provide Personal Information, we may not be able to provide you with full access to, or use of, the Services. As described below, we do automatically collect certain information when you use the Services. The Services also require you to provide Personal Information when you register as a Candidate, Coach, Author, or Employer. If you connect to the Website through LinkedIn or other third-party social media platforms, please also review the Social Media Information below.
Information about Members. We collect various types of Personal Information about Members in connection with the Services, which may include: name, mailing address, email address, username and password, work and educational history, company and job title, photograph, other information contained on Members’ resumes, content posted by Members, information about which jobs Members apply to through the Services, location information, and payment information.
Information about Coaches and Authors. We collect various types of Personal Information about prospective and current Coaches and Authors, which may include: name, mailing address, email address, phone number, username and password, work and educational history, company and job title, photograph, content posted by Coaches or Authors, and financial account information. We may ask for additional information about Coaches or Authors in order to determine whether they are a good fit for the Services. Information may be requested through such means as applications, telephone screenings, and reference checks. Crom Internship makes some of the information about Coaches and Authors available to Members and/or the public for the purpose of providing the Services. We may also collect and retain rating information provided by Members about Coaches at the completion of a Coaching Session.
Information about Employers. We collect various types of Personal Information about Employers, which may include: name, mailing address, email address, phone number, username and password, content posted or submitted by Employers, and Personal Information of their employees. Crom Internship may make certain Employer information identified above available to Members and/or the public for the purpose of providing the Services.
Applicant Information. We may also receive Personal Information, including job applicant data from Employers and applicant tracking systems as well as through Employers’ purchase of Services on your behalf.
Social Media Information. We may allow you to log in to the Website using a third-party social media service, such as LinkedIn. If you do so, we may collect Personal Information from the social media provider, including, for example, your username, email address, and available profile information, such as your public profile URL, profile photo, connections, industry, and location, as well as other information associated with your social media account. We require your consent prior to you accessing the Website from your social media account. If you provide such consent, you represent and warrant that you satisfy the terms regarding such accounts and have the authority to provide us with information about your social media connections.
Surveys. From time to time, we may ask users to participate in surveys, contests, promotions, and sweepstakes which may be used to collect Personal Information. Participation is completely voluntary and declining to participate will not impact your use of the Services.
Payment Information We may collect certain payment and billing information when you purchase Services. You might also provide payment information which we collect via secure payment processing services.
Other information collected automatically through the Services. We also collect information automatically through the Services. This may include information such as your IP address and domain name, your location as inferred from your IP address, your Internet service provider, the date and time of your visit to the Website, your use of the Services during your current session and over time (including the pages you view and the files you download), the URLs from the websites you visit before and after navigating the Website, your computer’s and/or mobile device’s operating system and browser type, and your software and hardware attributes (including device IDs). We collect such information using a variety of mechanisms, including the following:
- Server Logs. When you visit the Website, we automatically receive and record certain information from your computer (or other devices) and your browser. This may include data such as your IP address, the web pages you visit, or features you use on the Website, and your general geographic location as inferred from your IP address. To obtain such information, we may use server logs or similar applications that recognize your computer or other devices and gather information about their online activity.
- Essential Cookies: These cookies are essential to the functioning of the Services and allow you to interact with and use the features of the Services. If these cookies are not permitted by your browser, we cannot provide certain Services to you.
- Preference Cookies: These cookies are used to collect information about your choices and preferences, such as your preferred language or the country from which you access our Services. We use this information to customize your Services.
- Advertising Cookies
- Pixel tags. The Services may use an application known as a “pixel tag” (also known as a “clear gif” or “web beacon”). A pixel tag is an electronic file that usually consists of a single-pixel image. It can be embedded in a web page or in an email to transmit information, which could include Personal Information. For example, it allows an email sender to determine whether a user has opened a particular email. Deleting or blocking cookies will not stop the collection of information through pixel tags and similar tracking mechanisms. However, as discussed in the section below titled “Third-Party Analytics and Targeted Advertising,” you can take steps to limit how such information is used for advertising purposes. Even in that event, we may continue to use the information for other purposes, including analytics.
- Local storage. We also may use HTML5 local storage to collect and retain certain information about you. Data in local storage is not deleted when you clear your cookies, but it can be deleted by following the instructions provided by your browser developer.
How We Use Information
We use the Personal Information that we collect about users, including Members, Coaches, Authors, and Employers, to:
- Provide the Services and create a custom experience for users and tailor our Services to users’ individual interests and preferences;
- Fulfill the terms of any agreement you have with us, respond to your requests, or otherwise complete a transaction that you initiate, including payment processing;
- Review, evaluate, and verify the credentials and experience of Coaches, including through screenings and reference checks;
- Post job notices and other company information for Employers;
- Transmit or redirect Members’ job applications to Employers;
- Communicate with users through email notices, newsletters, and updates, including promotional communications about topics, products, jobs, and Services that we believe will be of interest to users;
- Administer surveys, contests, or promotions;
- Engage in analysis and research concerning the Services, improve users’ experiences with the Services, and otherwise enhance the quality of our products and Services;
- Compile and share aggregated information;
- Count and recognize visitors to the Services and analyze how visitors use the Services;
- Engage in analytics or targeted advertising as described in the “Third-Party Analytics and Targeted Advertising” section below; and
- For any other business purpose permitted by law.
How We Share Information with Third Parties
Crom Internship may share information with third parties for a variety of purposes. We may share information with the following third parties and in the following ways:
Other users of the Services. We may share information, including Personal Information, with other users of the Services where appropriate. For example, if you submit information to us or complete an application, we may share that information with an Employer who will evaluate your application. Similarly, we may share a Member’s contact information with a Coach or Instructor to enable them to communicate directly.
Business partners. We also may share your information, including Personal Information, with our business partners to fulfill your requests for the Services; complete a transaction that you initiate; or meet the terms of any agreement that you have with us or our business partners.
Legal purposes. We also may use or share your information, including Personal Information, with third parties when we believe, in our sole discretion, that doing so is necessary:
- To comply with applicable law or a court order, subpoena, request from government or law enforcement, or other legal process;
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or situations involving threats to our property or the property or physical safety of any person or third party;
- To establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; or
- To facilitate the financing, securitization, insuring, merger, acquisition, sale, assignment, bankruptcy, or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets. In the event of an actual sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event relating to all or a portion of our business or assets, your information, including Personal Information, may be part of the transferred assets.
De-identified or aggregated information. We also may compile and share de-identified or aggregated information about users of the Services, such as by publishing a report on trends in the usage of the Services or sharing aggregated information about historical and real-time trends in employment.
Third-Party Analytics and Targeted Advertising
We partner with certain third parties to collect information to engage in analytics, auditing, research, and reporting. These third parties may use web logs, pixel tags, or similar online tracking mechanisms, and they may set and access cookies on your computer or other device.
The Services may also enable third-party tracking mechanisms to collect information on our Services over time and across unaffiliated websites for use in online behavioral advertising. For example, third parties may use the fact that you visited the Website to target online ads for the Services to you on websites that are not affiliated with Crom Internship. In addition, our third-party advertising partners might use information about your use of the Services to help target advertisements unrelated to Crom Internship based on your online behavior in general. For information about behavioral advertising practices, including privacy and confidentiality, visit the websites for the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance.
Crom Internship uses physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your information against loss or unauthorized access, use, modification, or deletion. However, no security program is 100% secure, and thus we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information.
Your Choices and Access to Information
Depending on your location, including the European Economic Area and the United Kingdom, and where applicable law requires, you may have the following rights with respect to your Personal Information:
- to access your Personal Information;
- to update your Personal Information by emailing us or, where appropriate, amending the personal details contained in your registered account with us. If practically possible, we will make corrections based on your updated information;
- to withdraw your consent with respect to Personal Information that is collected on the basis of your consent;
- to request deletion of your Personal Information or object to its processing; and
- to lodge a complaint with us or, as applicable, with a supervisory authority.
If you want to learn more about the Personal Information that Crom Internship has about you, or you would like to exercise your choices regarding your Personal Information, please contact us by email at career@crominternship or by mail at the address in the “Questions or Comments” section below.
If you no longer want to receive marketing communications from Crom internship, please follow the “unsubscribe” instructions that are included at the bottom of each message. Please note that if you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, you will still receive administrative messages.
Due to technical reasons there may be a delay in accessing or deleting your Personal Information from our systems if you request it. We also will retain some Personal Information in order to comply with the law, protect our and others’ rights, resolve disputes or enforce our legal terms or policies, to the extent permitted under applicable law..
The Services are not directed to children under the age of 16, and Crom Internship does not knowingly collect Personal Information or other Information from anyone under the age of 16. If you are under age 16 you may not, under any circumstances or for any reason, use the Services.
California Privacy Rights
This section provides additional details about the Personal Information we collect about California users and the rights afforded to them under the California Consumer Privacy Act or “CCPA.”
For more details about the Personal Information we have collected over the last 12 months, including the categories of sources, please see the Information We Collect section above. We collect this information for the business and commercial purposes described in the How We Use Information section above. We share this information with the categories of third parties described in the How We Share Information with Third Parties section above. Cro. Internship does not sell the Personal Information we collect.
Subject to certain limitations, the CCPA provides California users the right to request more details on the categories or specific pieces of Personal Information we collect (including how we use and disclose this information), to delete their Personal Information, and to opt out of any “sales” that may be occurring.
California users may make a request pursuant to their rights under the CCPA by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org and Crom Internship will not discriminate against any users who exercise such rights under the CCPA. We will verify your request using the Personal Information available to us, including email address. Users can also designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on their behalf.
Third-Party Links, Websites, and Apps
We do not knowingly collect, and we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information on or through the Services. Such information includes, but is not limited to, social security numbers, financial account information (except for payment information as required), and information related to or revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background, or trade union membership.
Contact Information; Questions or Comments